COASTAL STEWART ISLAND - a day package to Stewart Island
Cruise to Port William on the Rakiura Great Walk. Spot penguins, shorebirds and when present seals and dolphins. Hike the coastal rainforest track, enjoy superb views and beautiful sandy beaches. View relics of a bygone era. Relax on the scenic drive back to Oban.
What You Do:
• Fly to Stewart Island from Invercargill Airport (weekdays morning flight: 8.00 am)
• Your Ruggedy Range Guide will meet you on your arrival and transfer you to Golden Bay Wharf.
• Spend a day on the Coastal Highlights guided tour.
• Picnic lunch included
• Transfers to flight / ferry for return journey included.
• Depart Stewart Island on the last flight to Invercargill (5.30 pm) or the last ferry to Bluff (5.00 pm). If travelling by ferry the coach will take you to Invercargill.
If you are only one or two persons, check to see if we have achieved minimum numbers
or we can put you on our wait list.
This Package is only available as a fly in and fly out or fly in and ferry out package to fit in with scheduled transport departure times.
October to April: Any day, except for weekends if flying out as the last flight departs at 4.30 pm, before the Coastal Highlights tour finishes.
Other times of the Year: You may need to spend a night in Stewart Island if you wish to do the full day coastal highlights tour.
Flight / Ferry Schedules: See our Getting Here web page.
Cost: See Day Packages Summary
1. If flying - flights are to and from Stewart Island and Invercargill Airport
2. For ferry travel, coach transfers between Bluff and Invercargill. (we will notify you of the designated coach pick-up / drop-off points)
Coastal Highlights guided tour, with transfers, picnic lunch and Department of Conservation Fees.
4. $1.00 p.p. donation into our conservation fund.
5. Package administration.
1. At our discretion and subject to staff availability - if we operate tours below the minimum numbers - $30.00 p.p. surcharge applies for the Coastal Highlights tour.
Now (click here to make a booking)