RAKIURA GREAT WALK - an overnight package
Journey along the Rakiura Great Walk, enjoying the scenery, rainforest and birdlife. Explore beaches their shells / marine life. Learn about early Island history.
What You Do:
• Either fly to Stewart Island from Invercargill Airport (anytime) or take the coach to Bluff for the ferry from Bluff to Stewart Island ( morning ferries preferred)
• Transfers provided to your accommodation (holiday home or motel, depending on availability or rooming arrangements for all clients.
• Your guide will meet you at your accommodation late afternoon or early evening for a trip briefing and an evening meal, prepared by the guide at your accommodation.
• Continental breakfast at your accommodation
• Transfers to Lee Bay (start of track).
Day 2 to Day 4:
• Your guide will take on for a 3 day hike on the Rakiura Great Walk
• Return from guided walk at approx. 3.00 pm (this will vary, depending on the group).
• Depart Stewart Island on the last flight to Invercargill or the last ferry to Bluff. If travelling by ferry the coach will take you to Invercargill.
If you are only one or two persons, check to see if we have achieved minimum numbers
or we can put you on our wait list.
See departure dates for Rakiura Great Walk. Additional dates may be available subject to demand.
Flight / Ferry Schedules: See our Getting Here web page.
Cost of Package: See Overnight Packages Summary
1. If flying - flights to and from Stewart Island and Invercargill Airport
2. For ferry travel, coach transfers between Bluff and Invercargill. (we will notify you of the designated coach pick-up / drop-off points)
3. Transfers to / from accommodation on arrival / departure
One nights at accommodation at motel / holiday home - this will be selected by us to accommodate the group. Twin share
5. Evening Meal on Day 1 and Breakfast on Day 2 at your accommodation
6. Trip briefing in evening Day 1
5. Rakiura Great Walk guided tour with inclusions shown for that tour (meals / snacks / hut / camp fees / Dept. Conservation Fees / use of cooking & eating equipment)
7. $1.00 p.p. donation into our conservation fund
8. Package administration.
1. Additional nights accommodation in Stewart Island before or after, based on your budget.
Accommodation in Invercargill or Bluff before / after coming to Stewart Island, based on your budget.
3. At our discretion and subject to staff availability - if we operate tours below the minimum numbers - any applicable surcharge/s as stated on this website and your itinerary for the specific tour.
1. Hire or backpacks $30.00 p.p. and sleeping bags $30.00 p.p. - these can be hired from us.
Now (click here to make a booking)