STEWART ISLAND FOREST & BAYS - an overnight package to Stewart Island
A half day tour and a full day tour. A superb mix of nature and culture with birdlife, flora, scenery. A guided walk on Ulva Island to enjoy the forest and birdlife.
A cruise and coastal rainforest hike with return scenic drive. Picnic lunch included.
What You Do:
note: depending on weather / sea conditions / minimum numbers, the guided tours may operate in reverse order.
• Either fly to Stewart Island from Invercargill Airport (morning flight) or take the coach to Bluff for the ferry from Bluff to Stewart Island (mornign sailing).
• Transfers provided to your accommodation (except for backpackers).
• Accommodation in Stewart Island.
• Transfers to / from your accommodation and Golden Bay Wharf
• Enjoy our Ulva Island Birds & Forest Guided Walk (4.5 hrs)
• Transfers from your accommodation and Golden Bay Wharf
• Spend a day on the Coastal Highlights guided tour.
• Picnic lunch included
• Transfers to flight / ferry for return journey included.
• Depart Stewart Island on the last flight to Invercargill (weekdays 5.30 pm) or the last ferry to Bluff (any day 5.00 pm). If travelling by ferry the coach will take you to Invercargill.
If you are only one or two persons, check to see if we have achieved minimum numbers
or we can put you on our wait list.
October to April: Any day, except for weekends if flying out as last flight departs at 4.30 pm before Coastal Highlights tour finishes.
Other times of the Year: You may need to spend an extra night if you wish to do the full day coastal highlights tour or if you are part of a group and you all arrive early morning Day 1, we may be able to offer our tours in reverse.
Flight / Ferry Schedules: See our Getting Here web page.
Cost of Package: See Overnight Packages Summary
Note: Single Person Rate can reduce slight if there are two single persons willing to share a twin room.
1. If flying - flights to and from Stewart Island and Invercargill Airport
2. For ferry travel, coach transfers between Bluff and Invercargill. (we will notify you of the designated coach pick-up / drop-off points)
3. One night accommodation of your choice.
4. Transfers to / from accommodation on arrival / departure except for Backpackers.
5. Ulva Island Birds & Forest half day guided walk with transfers to and from Golden Bay Wharf and Department of Conservation Fees.
5. Coastal Highlights
full day tour with transfers, picnic lunch and Department of Conservation Fees.
7. $2.00 p.p. donation into our conservation fund.
8. Package administration.
1. Additional nights accommodation in Stewart Island before or after, based on your budget.
Accommodation in Invercargill or Bluff before / after coming to Stewart Island, based on your budget.
3. At our discretion and subject to staff availability - if we operate tours below the minimum numbers - any applicable surcharge/s as stated on this website and your itinerary for the specific tour.
Now (click here to make a booking)